Social Media Associate
FKQ Advertising + Marketing is seeking an energetic, career-oriented Social Media professional with two or more years of full-time social media experience in consumer and/or travel/tourism portfolios to join their team as a Social Media Associate.
This individual will focus on the day-to-day monitoring and management of client social media channels through a range of activities including community management, customer service monitoring, content creation, data compilation and trend monitoring. We are looking for candidates who have creative writing skills in addition to a foundational level of experience with and proficiency in key social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube).
In short, you will be a social media magic-maker, working directly on the front-lines of social media channels on behalf of our Clients.
- Monitors and manages the day-to-day client social media platforms to ensure the quality of work meets Client’s objective and provides value
- Manages Client’s social platforms per project parameters
- Responds according to Client social protocols to ensure timely response to social comments and inquiries
- Maintains social content calendars
- Develops social content (copy and multimedia) for various industry clients including retail, travel, professional services and more
- Coordinates across departments to manage content deliverables for team
- Monitor industry and daily trends within social space to help identify proactive opportunities for team
- Maintains clear and consistent communication between FKQ team members
- Compiles data into analytics report for team review
- Manages postings on Clients’ social media platforms
- Participates in creative brainstorms for new and existing Clients
- Assists with the planning and execution of internal FKQ staff events
- Strong creative writing and grammatical skills – You don’t shy away from requests to proof copy, you gladly take it as a challenge
- High level of organizational skills – You’re not just into to-do lists, you embrace spreadsheets/organizational apps to track your tasks!
- Genuine interest in and understanding of the technology and functionality of social media channels, particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and YouTube – You don’t just know how to use social for personal posts, but understand how use for business is different
- Computer skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel – Computers are not a mystery to you and you likely have had to teach Microsoft Office tricks to your family members
- Experience with basic photo and video editing tools, particularly on mobile and web-based tools. Bonus points for a comfort with editing any Adobe software – You may not be an editing ninja, but you have a comfort level with editing photos and videos, even just on mobile
- Effective interpersonal skills – You know how to work with others in a friendly and professional manner and know the value of a good “coffee talk” with a colleague
- Ability to work efficiently and independently within a team environment – You are feed off the energy of a good team brainstorm, but enjoy cracking down on your own to get work done
Know someone who would be a perfect fit? SHARE THIS WITH A FRIEND